The main benefit of hiring a maternity nurse or night nanny is the ability for mum (and dad) to rest and recuperate after the birth, as well as to teach them how to take care of their newborn baby, especially if they are first time parents. Specifically:
- You will gain confidence as a parent!
- You will wake up feeling refreshed and energetic.
- More rested and relaxed, you will enjoy time with your baby much more.
- You will have more quality time for the rest of the family, work or social commitments.
- You will be assured that your baby is getting enough quality sleep which is so important for their development.
- Your immune system will be stronger, and hence your baby’s if you are breastfeeding.
- If you’re breastfeeding, your milk supply will improve. The more you rest, the more (quality) milk your body can produce.
Additionally, your maternity nurse or night nanny can also keep everything related to your baby clean, tidy, and washed, and also assist with preparing feeds and sterilising equipment, allowing mum to spend quality time with her baby or resting. She can typically also provide one-on-one support with breastfeeding.