Having a nanny bag is a key for easy access to all the essential items you may need during the day. Keeping your bag organised is very important as you don't want to find yourself frantically looking for something.
If you’re always rummaging in your bag fussing to find what you are looking for then we have the solution for you. Read on for the must-haves to keep in your nanny bag, as well as the best way to keep things organised.
Be an organisation guru. Just like your room has compartments for everything so too should your bag, ALWAYS!
- Safety first so always carry a little bag with all the important first aid equipment you may need. Make sure you include some bandages, antibiotic ointment, and a pair of tweezers for splinters. Tip: make your first aid purse bright and easy to see for those little emergencies.
- Children love messy play. Be prepared for all that may come your way on the playground and bring a change of clothes. To keep things orderly put the clothes neatly in a drawstring bag which will help keep things organized.
- Along with the messy clothes, you may encounter some messy little hands and faces. Keep a hygiene bag with some wipes and sanitiser to clean away all the germs and dirt.
- Hungry kids are grumpy kids, and we don’t want that. The key is to have some healthy snacks on hand. And remember a little treat can go a long way.
- Nothing is more important than keeping hydrated all year round. For both you and the kids in your charge. Keep a reusable bottle that you can use to fill up with fresh water.
- Commuting can get lengthy sometimes. Therefore to minimise boredom always carry some toys or books to keep the little ones entertained.
- Keeping parents in the loop is essential so make sure your phone is always charged. Carry a portable charger with you at all times.
If you stay on top of these seven steps you will always have the essentials needed to prepare for any situation. Below is an easy to use checklist for your convenience and for you to keep track of your bag.